DISTRICT EMPLOYMENT EXCHANGE: SAMBALPUR
The main activities of District Employment Exchange is to implement & co-ordinate all programmes of Employment Assistance i.e.:-
- Registration of job seekers.
- Sponsoring their names to the Employers against notified vacancies.
- Vocational Guidance to the registrants through Career Counselling & providing Employment Information.
- Collection of Employment data(EMI) in form ER-I & ER-II
- Conduct of Block Level Counselling Camps for mobilization of candidates for different training programmes vis-à-vis their attitude / interest qualification & age etc.
- Conduct Pre-Recruitment Training Camps for entry into Army & Para-Military forces.
- Conduct of District Level Job Fair by inviting potential Employers & Job Seekers to a common plat form.
- Monitoring & Supervision of Placement Linked Training Programme.
- Functioning of Model Career Counselling Centre – counselling and mobilization of suitable candidates for Placement Linked Training Programme.
- Functioning of Sambalpur Knowledge Hub – Organisation of Career Seminars & Leadership talks by experts from different fields.
- Functioning of Library in the Knowledge Hub with Career and Competitive Exam Books.
- Interlinking with National Career Service Portal.
- Registration of Job Seekers, Local Service Providers, Employers in the Portal.
(as on 30.6.2018)
|year||No. of Camps||No. of Candidates Attended||No. of Candidates tagged for Training|
|Year||No. of Employers/PIAs Attended||No of Candidates Attended||No. of Candidates Selected For Training and Placement|
|Year||No.of candidates attended||No.of candidates selected|
|Year||Name Of PIA||Name of Trade||No of Candidates Trained||No of Candidates Placed|
|Welding & Fabrication|
|Refrigerator & AC|
|2017-2018||SSEPL Skills||Electrical (Domestic)||470||31|
|PARFI||Fire Fight Tech.|
|PARFI||Fire Fight Tech.|
ESTABLISHMENT OF MODEL CAREER CENTRE:
The Model Career Centre have been set up at District Employment Exchange, Sambalpur .
The main objective of the Model Career Centre:-
- To transform the current Employment Exchange to Career Counselling Centre.
- To provide relevant counseling and guidance to job seekers to improve their employability.
- Visit to different Schools & Colleges for career counseling and training.
- Organize Job Fair with the help of Potential Employers.
- Access to NCS Portal for related information on different Careers, Training & Jobs of National & Overseas.
ESTABLISHMENT OF SAMBALPUR KNOWLEDGE HUB(SKH)
Sambalpur Knowledge Hub is functioning at Model Career Centre. Different Career Seminars & Leadership Talks being arranged to motivate and guide the participants for different competitive examinations.
A total No.of 08 Career Seminars have been arranged so far and 340 candidates have attended the Career Classes.
The experts from different fields are as follows:
- Sri Ved Bhushan – Clear Civil Services
- Sri IB Mohapatra – Communication for Success
- Sri JogaByasBhoi – Youngest Mountaineer from Odisha
- Sri Saurov Das – OAS topper 2015
- Miss Chinmayee Chetna Das – OAS topper 2017
- Sri Ashish Patil IAS– Probationary IAS officer
- Group Captain Atanu Guru – Indian Air Force
- Col S Sadangi – Career in Sports
FUNCTIONING OF LIBRARY AT SAMBALPUR KNOWLEDGE HUB
One Library have been set up at Sambalpur Knowledge Hub. Books of all competitive examinations are available. A total No. of 484 candidates preparing for competitive examinations have used library so far.
SKH MOVIE CLUB
Motivational movies for the benefit of youth of Sambalpur.