Basic Information on Sarva Shiksha Abhiyan (SSA), Sambalpur
Sarva Shiksha Abhiyan (SSA) is Government of India’s flagship programme for achievement of Universalization of Elementary Education (UEE) in a time bound manner, as mandated by 86th amendment to the Constitution of India making free and compulsory Education to the Children of 6-14 years age group, a Fundamental Right.
- National Assessment Survey (NAS) was conducted on dt.13.11.2017 by Ministry of Human Resource Development in 173 schools. 6386 students participated.
- 3386 nos.of teachers are imparted Teachers Training.
- 1910 CWSN students are identified and enlisted for different facilities.
- In Baljyoti programme 2360 students are imparted special training and provided with spectacles.
- Special training is imparted to the parents of deaf and dumb students.
- 850 WSN children are provided with Rs.3000/- towards Assistance [at]Rs.300/- per child per month for 10 months.
- 190 WSN are provided with Escort allowance and 272 childre are provided with Aids and appliances.
- 32 children with hearing impairment are provided with Hearing aid.
- Under Baljyoti scheme eye test for 3361 children are conducted and provision is made for spectacles.
- 39 drop outs are provided with [at]Rs.1500/- each as Escort allowance.
- Through Computer Aided Learning 103 schools are covered for simplifying the course content through digital demonstrations. 694 teachers are imparted training on CAL and schools are provided with desktops for preparation of laboratory.
- A Student Database Management Information System (SDMIS) is developed for uploading the students details of all the schools of the district in the website for public as well as administrative use.
- Free Uniform is provided to 101310 children [at] 2 pairs per child.
- Free Text-book is provided to 108414 children of Class-I to VIII.
- For all round development of SC and ST students SRUJAN programme is conducted and in 17 schools Life Skill training is imparted to students.
- UJJWAL programme is conducted for improvement in level of learning of students.
- For development of the children from deprived section of society 3nos. of Kasturba Gandhi Balika Vidyalay (KGBV) are functioning at Mahammadpur Nodal Igh School (Dhankauda), Sarapali Nodal High School (Naktideul) and Balabhadra Nodal UP School (Bamra).
- 8300 adolescent girl children are trained on Self Defence in 135 schools. 510 Female Teachers are also trained on the same in the district.
- For better school environment, 2411 additional classrooms, 1663 toilets and 743 CWSN friendly toilets are constructed. 57 schools are provided with Boundary wall and 332 schools are provided with water facility.
- 322 schools are provided with Kitchenshed.
Engagement of 58 nos. of Shiksha Sahayak are under process